Wednesday, August 9

Crazy..

So.. I'm graduated from highschool..

And in a week and a couple of days, I will officially be a Freshman in College.. It's crazy to me that highschool is over. I think.. I imagined that it would last forever or something.. Because I still can't believe I'm officially in college now. So much is changing around me to. It's been a blessing but a hard one. My close friendship I had with my two best friends Rachel and Stephen has changed. (Not in a bad way, it's just hard and different for all of us) It's been.. really crazy to me.. How many wonderful memories I have.. And so many sad ones.. in just the four years of highschool. Most are definitly positive because I had the two best friends in the world to support me through them. And a God... that I can really rely on.. Really put my hope in..

I think that college will be alot of the same thing for me. I will still have those two best friends, and my wonderful savior.. But alot of change is coming.. I've already dove over the cliff.. But I have no idea.. what's going to happen when I hit bottom. It's exciting yet.. very scary to think about. I don't know exactly why I'm posting this.. but I knew it was about time for a post haha.. This is what's been going on with me.. On a completely different note!

I've been at Whitewater all day with my youthgroup. We had a pretty fun time.. Except for the Eric in the speedo factor.. (Trust me.. when I say.. disturbing beyond all measure) We went on the rapids (I don't believe you can call it rapid..) And had a competition to see who could get to the bottom last.. It was alot of fun.. but it took like 45 minutes. We were pushing each other in the intertubes.. trying to get them ahead of us.. I don't think the lifeguards like Wildwood anymore though hehe. I'll write about Mexico and CIY later..

Love you guys!
Sara

Psalms 139

Random pic of the day...

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Raaahhhh, first!

Unknown said...

Good luck in college!

It's an exciting time. You'll learn a lot about yourself. Enjoy it. Even the hard times.

I was randomly searching blogs and saw this post. It encourages me to see that not all "youngsters" are obsessed with their boyfriends and/or paris hilton. :-)

You should write more. Then when you're 30, go back and read the stuff and see how much you've changed.

frisbeegurl said...

My boyfriends?? Hmm.. I wish I knew who my boyfriends were.. hehe.. (not that i want one.)

Hicam H. Trowzan said...

Ya!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sara's alive and posting! Unbelieveable!!!!!!!!!

Hicam H. Trowzan said...

Have fun at college "freshwoman".

Hicam H. Trowzan said...

Yo Sara! I just posted an eric pic on my blog! Check it out!

Rachel said...

Wow. Yeah. All I can say is... I've never been much for huge changes... and college is a particularly hard one for many, I think. It's so hard to take that leap of faith and dive off the cliff when you can't see what's coming, but your mind shows you way too many of your fears and "what-ifs." Sometimes I wonder if you saw me going through my hard times last year and now you're wondering... oh no, you don't want to end up like I did... but now it's your turn. I don't know if you are or not, but please don't think like that... first of all, God was completely sovereign through all of my trials last year and He brought me through all my depression. I know I am so much better off because of it all, now. I learned so much and grew so much and I am so thankful for His sovereignty, for His power in my weakness. I know that whatever you go through, it will be the same for you... God will always bring you through, and when you reach the other side you will be so much better off because of it.

On the other hand, just because I went through a lot last year doesn't mean that you will. I know you're probably going to grow a lot, but that doesn't necessarily mean that the growth will happen through particularly hard times. It might. Or it might not. We can't know right now. But God knows, and He is good beyond hope.

I'm so glad that you are trusting in Him for college... or at least that's what it seems like you're doing from what you wrote.

Yeah... the changes have been weird, and hard. But I want you to know that I am always willing to be there for you, to listen to you when you need someone to listen, to go to for encouragement or advice, or if you just need someone who loves you... you know I do, SO MUCH!!!!! I don't want to become a good but fading memory in your eyes... God made us friends and we've been through so much together. And I believe there's a lot more ahead for our friendship... lots of good and of course bad, too, but I'm more than willing to risk it. That's really what love implies... a risk. It's always a risk to love someone. There's always the chance that you could be hurt, or that you might lose them... but it's always a risk worth taking. No matter what is coming as you dive off this cliff, I'm there with you, okay? As much as I can be... I am human, and of course my love is not perfect at all, and I can guarantee that I'll fail you, and that I have failed you so many times... and I'm so sorry. But I still am willing to try. And by God's grace, strength and power, I will be there for you this next year... if you ever need anything, anyone to talk to, any encouragement or just love... if you ever feel alone, if you ever need a friend in the big empty, lonely crowd that can be college, let me know. I LOVE YOU SARA!!!!!!!! And I am praying for you.


Oh... I do have to say one more thing before I leave... on a MUCH shallower level, lol... what's this about Eric and his speedo? At Whitewater?!? Oh my gosh.... I should have known, I guess. Lol.

Anyway, I love you! See you tomorrow! And thank you for being one of the most amazing friends I've ever had in my life. You are a blessing from God.

Rache

frisbeegurl said...

Thanks for the kind words Rach, I just wanted to let you know though.. I'm not depressed.. havn't been really.. except for being lonely. This is not making me depressed... it's just extremely weird looking back on life and all that's happened in the few years of highschool..

Anonymous said...

I love you Sara! - Rachael