Tuesday, August 9

Yay!! News of Bri!!

This is really a thank you note to the coach teachers and leaders from the Bri's parents. But it is also an update on them and how they're doing!! I was soo happy and excited to read this.. Even if it isn't from Bri herself! I'm really excited.. and I'm sure you guys will be too!! It seems from the email, that God is already working on them out in California!! He's already given them friends it seems!! I'm soo excited for them!! (I took out some of the letter as it was merely a thank you, a very awesome one though!!)
Luv you guys!!
Sara



After living in that special place called Oklahoma, I couldn't imagine living in such a place like Berkeley (or Berzerkley, as some like to call it). There are 30 yoga centers in Berkeley, very few evangelical churches, and the oppressive, militant spirit of rebellion can be felt and seen. How could we faithfully endure? I felt much more trepidation following this leading of His than I did to follow His lead to China!



But I must tell you of His goodness…the very first Sunday we stumbled into a church that felt very much like home. After the service we met the new youth pastor and his wife…and guess where they are from…Oklahoma! (O.S.U. I guess everything can't be perfect) and that very night the church had leftover tickets to a musical they were attending in a lovely pine tree lined amphitheatre…it was Oklahoma!



So, Oklahoma stays with us, but He has reminded us that just as He was leading Abraham step by step, He leads us. "He gives and takes away, blessed be the name of the Lord." Thank you for being such a significant part of our lives, and of the sovereign foundations of our children's lives.

No comments: